Saturday, April 9

The Beginning

So, this marks my first blog post...EVER. I quit smoking recently so this is my attempt at relieving a little stress. If that doesn't work well at least ya'll will get some good laughs. I'm a nineteen year old college student trying to make the world of a thirty year old mesh together. I have a fiance who I've been with since we were 15. Five years and still in love. However, just like everyone's relationships it isn't all lovey dovey all the time. We've been through a lot together and are latest addition to our little family is our new yellow lab puppy. He is so cute (I'll post pics when I figure out how too) , but such a mess. I can't seem to clean up fast enough. Everyone keeps telling me well if you think that is hard, babies are 10x harder than that which is why you need to wait till your 35 to have any. Uh huh 35? Not happening. Honestly at this point I think that a baby is easier. You don't have to search for shoes and a leash, stumble down 3 flights of stairs, dodge the drunk partiers, and wait for the puppy to potty at 3 a.m. with a baby. Did I mention my dog is scared of walking up the stairs? So, we can add carrying him to that list of dreaded things to do everynight. Of course, there is always my oh so loving fiance to help out with that. HA! That was funny. Apparently his job as an Army Reservist and a oilfield worker is more important than my attendance of school and my nannying job at 3 a.m. I don't blame him. If I could stand listening to the dog whining I'd just lay there and pretend to be asleep too. Gosh, being a guy is so easy. Maybe between now and my next post, I can convince him to at least turn on the shower in the morning so I can sleep just a few seconds longer to make up for the dog causing me sleep deprivation. Yeah, yeah I know it probably will be the other around. Oh well, I guess that's just the life of being 19 going on 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment